Now in its thirteenth year, the Odour Study Day is a one-day course beneficial for anyone involved with odour management. It has been developed by leading odour professionals based on their own extensive experience. The Odour Study Day is the only CPD-certified odour guidance training course in the UK. It is also accredited by CIWEM and endorsed by the IAQM.
Odour Training Services
REQUEST A CALL BACK
We offer a range of additional odour training services which offer odour guidance for more complex requirements. You can choose from private or off-site courses, or we can develop bespoke courses for your individual business needs.
- I found the day extremely interesting and useful. The quality of the talks was excellent and the content was very relevant to everyday applications. It was a useful forum to share experiences between operators, consultants and regulators. I also found the odour sensitivity test interesting and it is useful to understand where on the spectrum of sensitivity you fall when dealing with odour assessments. I would definitely recommend the course to others.
- I found the day very useful and was at the right level for me gain more of an understanding of what monitoring can be undertaken at different sites. I hopefully have more confidence when examining odour dispersion modelling reports.
- Useful to experience the lab and get more info/experience on the sampling/olfactometry. The section on odour modelling was very helpful for my job, dealing with planning applications and odour complaints. Presenter was very good too at describing a technical detail.
- Practical session was very interesting, and the various scenarios focussed my knowledge towards what I learned today.
- Enjoyed the course. Good pace and not too technical.
ROBERT SNEATH – Director, Silsoe Odours
Our team of odour experts will be led by Robert Sneath, founder of Silsoe Odours. A renowned odour specialist, Robert has extensive experience in the industry, having previously been Head of the Odour Laboratory at the Silsoe Research Institute. He has also been the UK expert of the EU CEN working group TC264 WG2 “Odours” since 1995, creating and participating in the ongoing development of the European CEN odour measurement standard BSEN13725:2003. Robert has over 40 years experience at the forefront of the odour industry
STEVE PEIRSON – Principle Consultant, RSK-ADAS
Steve is a nationally renowned authority in the field of odour and emissions. Specialising in odour analysis, emissions, odour impact assessment, odour nuisance, environmental control and ‘Best Practicable Means’ assessments, Steve also has extensive expert witness experience.
PHILIP LONGHURST – Professor, Cranfield University
Phil joins us from the Centre for Bioenergy and Resource Management at Cranfield University. He has a PhD in Innovation & Technology Assessment and has developed a programme of research studies assessing the impact of waste management on air quality and neighbouring communities.
JAMES SNEATH – Senior Site Sampling Technician, Silsoe Odours
James has been with Silsoe Odours for thirteen years, and has a wealth of experience in on-site sampling as a trained assessor, covering all types of odour emission sources. He is exacting in his approach to rigorous and well-designed sampling methodology, in line with the European Standard BS EN 13725:2003. James is also the Deputy Laboratory Manager at the Silsoe Odours UKAS-accredited odour laboratory.
Silsoe Odours Ltd
Building 42 Wrest Park